A hypotensive effect, respiratory depression, a depressing effect on the nervous system is observed with the joint prescription of medicines that depress the central nervous system: general anesthetics, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, antidepressants and others.
There is a decrease in the effectiveness of alpha-blockers, phenytoin. Fluvoxamine, fluoxetine increase the concentration of the drug in the blood. amitriptyline cheap online The risk of developing epileptic seizures increases, and the central anticholinergic and sedative effects of combined therapy with benzodiazepines, phenothiazines, and anticholinergic drugs increase..
The simultaneous administration of methyldopa, reserpine, betanidine, guanethidine, clonidine reduces the severity of their hypotensive effect. When taking cocaine, arrhythmia develops. Delirium develops when taking acetaldehydrogenase inhibitors, disulfiram.
Amitriptyline enhances the effect on the cardiovascular system of phenylephrine, norepinephrine, epinephrine, isoprenaline. The risk of hyperpyrexia increases with the use of antipsychotics, m-anticholinergics.
- It is not recommended to simultaneously use amitriptyline with monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
- In combination with drugs that depress the central nervous system, a significant increase in their hypotensive effect and respiratory depression is possible.
- In combination with drugs with anticholinergic activity, their effect is enhanced..
- With simultaneous use, the effect of sympathomimetic drugs on the cardiovascular system is enhanced.
- With simultaneous administration with antipsychotics, metabolism is mutually inhibited, a threshold for convulsive readiness decreases.
- In combination with antihypertensive agents, the antihypertensive effect and the risk of orthostatic hypotension may increase.
- In combination with ethanol, its effect is enhanced, especially during the first days of therapy.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
The drug is not recommended during pregnancy, since negative consequences were identified in the development of the fetus after taking the medicine. http://www.healthline.com/health/amitriptyline-oral-tablet Also, the drug is not prescribed during breastfeeding, because the components of Amitriptyline are excreted along with milk and provoke side effects in the baby.